I’d really like to hear back from you guys today. I’m curious to know something.
In college, one of my course instructors gave us an assignment to take a quiz. We were studying Carl Jung (a very influential and important Swiss psychiatrist). He explained that the results of this quiz would greatly affect how he would run the class. The quiz was filled with questions about the way we react to certain situations. There was no right or wrong answer, as long as we answered honestly. We all completed it.
The following class, every student received a small slip of paper with four letters on it.
He told us that we just took the Myers-Briggs personality test. Many businesses and large companies conduct this test to find the best potential job candidates for specific positions. My professor gave us an overview on the 4 categories and what each meant. It was the mother of all personality tests, unlike the ones I’ve taken in Seventeen Magazine when I was in high school.
I read my personality profile (see that here and here). These links also provide links to all 16 profile types -so you can see yours after. It listed jobs that would be a good fit for me, how to interact better with other people, and even tells how much of the world’s population thinks like me 🙂
I became very interested and did a bit more research on my personality profile and read things like :
- 3rd most frequent among education majors in college.
- In national sample “Leisure Activities,” overrepresented in “Writing,” “Appreciating art,” “Playing musical instrument,” “Listening to music,” “Reading”
- Underrepresented in “Watching TV for leisure” and “Watching TV 3 or more hours per day.”
- Academic subjects preferred: art, English, music.
- In national sample, lowest of all types in liking work environments where “Everything is done by the book”
- 1 of 3 highest types in liking “Independence & achievement,” “Teamwork,” and “People from different backgrounds.”
- Most important feature on an ideal job: creativity and originality.
I am an ENFP through and through. Nevermind zodiac signs, this test is the real deal.
Take the quick test by clicking here and share your results in your comment!